Thursday, February 24, 2011

Examining the future of comic book movies, part 04: X-Men - First Class - Orlando Comic Books | Examiner.com

X-Men: First Class could arguably be the biggest wild card out of all of the comic book movies in 2011.

Sure, I would like to throw in some added commentary here - but, really, that's what the article is.

It's all true, though. Personally, I did think the trailer looked pretty good. Confusing, but pretty good. I'm pretty sold on checking it out - which, I'm sure because this was a trailer - was the idea.

Still, the Cuban Missile Crisis thing has me thrown off. Off the top of my head, there's no other national incident that would fit something like this better. At the same time, that's now a fifty-year gap between then and now. If you want to go back to the original movie, we'll be generous and call it 40.

Nothing to do now but wait for another preview or three and wait to see how all this turns out.

No comments: