Thursday, July 8, 2010

Another Reason I Heart Twitter Sometimes...

...is because I can address someone directly when dressing them down.

Case in point: Lindsay Lohan went on a rant on Twitter after the poor widdle ting was sentenced to jail. God forbid she actually, I don't know, reap the consequences of her actions and not feel she's able to thumb her nose at the legal system like the rest of us commoners.

Her rant read:

"It is clearly stated in Article 5 of the U.N. Universal Declaration of Human Rights that…."

"No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment."

"this was taken from an article by Erik Luna.. "November 1 marked the 15th anniversary of the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines. But there were no about"

"celebrations, parades, or other festivities in honor of this punishment scheme created by Congress and the U.S. Sentencing Commission…."

"Instead, the day passed like most others during the last 15 years: Scores of federal defendants sentenced under a constitutionally perverted system that saps moral judgment through its mechanical rules."


First of all, I think she's trying to sound a lot smarter than she actually is. Be that as it may, this child's tantrum offends me. Again, why does she feel she's so different from us? Because she's a "celebrity"? (Famous for what, might I add? Having something resembling a career at some point but ruining that with a drunken bender that's gone on for quite a few years now?)

In response, I could write a column about this somewhere. Or post something here. (Kinda took care of that already, I guess.)

Then the lightbulb goes off. She did this on Twitter. I'm on Twitter, too. Hell, why not just address my concerns directly with her and skip the middle man?

So I did...


@lindsaylohan If your little rant was abouthttp://tinyurl.com/29kxdyf, that’s not even our country. Ignore the rest of what’s to come...

@lindsaylohan If you’re trying to be some sort of martyr over having to go to jail, however, then would you please. Shut. The hell. Up.

@lindsaylohan Playing the “Cruel and unusual punishment” card is a crock of crap. Everyone else has to do much harsher sentences for DUI.

@lindsaylohan Because you’re a celebrity who used to have a career but now famous for being a spoiled brat doesn’t mean you can’t do time.

@lindsaylohan Playing the victim is useless here, because no one wants to hear it. The only person that victimized you is yourself.

@lindsaylohan If you hadn’t been acting like a drunken slut for every camera in sight, none of this would have happened in the first place.

@lindsaylohan Stop your whining, deal with the issues you caused yourself, shut your piehole, and leave the rest of us alone. Plzkthx.

@lindsaylohan It’s called “taking responsibility for your actions,” honey. Look in to it.


Do I expect this to even reach her, much less go anywhere else? Not really. I'm not even a blip on the radar. I know my place.

Does it still feel good to get it off my chest and have it in a place where the person pissing me off can possibly see it? As "Rowdy" Roddy Piper once told Jesse Ventura about having Hulk Hogan and Andre The Giant both on Piper's Pit, "You damn betcha, man."

No comments: